Thursday, October 21, 2010

OCTOBER 21, 2010 LEAD ME, LORD


The Gospel last Sunday was on Prayer. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states that prayer is raising one's mind and heart to God. In one of my older blogs during Lent, I have made a commentary on prayer. But as I deliberated on this important aspect of a Christian life, I was led to jot some lines of my own simple prayer :

LEAD ME, LORD

Lead me, Lord, to someone in need of Your tender touch
To ease discomfort and stress that illness brings
Whose longing for understanding at this time is much
But strengthened by fervent Faith in Your Divine Healing.

Lead me, Lord, to someone in need of comfort
To lift the veil of sorrow from a grieving heart
Over the loss of a loved one who has gone astray
Despite efforts to save a family torn apart.

Lead me, Lord, to someone who is utterly disappointed
With the life he has led amidst lost expectations
Plans of grandeur plunged deep totally grounded
Due to lifestyle of sloth and narcissistic addictions.

Lead me, Lord, to someone who is resentful and bitter
Full of contempt and hate to a brother or sister
How tragic these feelings have on his body deploy
A mind bereft of goodwill, forgiveness and joy.

Lead me, Lord, to a lonely, friendless stranger
Lost in the seeming jungle of his new adopted home
Froth with anxiety what the future may render
To a helpless, though hopeful heart, willing to work to the bone.

Lead me, Lord, to a disturbed teenager today
Confused by the standards the present world declare
The perversion of being human so flagrantly displayed
Along with worldly pleasures the innocent ones to ensnare.

Lead me, Lord, to someone hopeless ready to give up
After every effort to make family needs be met
Willing to work but no available job to tap
Frustrations mounting to dizzying heights all set.

Oh, God, help me to show the comfort of Your Presence
To be the "angel" you sent with resources on board
My time, my prayers and goods you give me in abundance
Will be heartily shared with them all for Your Glory, Oh, Lord !





No comments:

Post a Comment