Friday, September 10, 2010

MY FAVORITE PRAYERS

In answer to Marissa's question, "Mom, what are your favorite prayers?" I have decided to share them with all of you. These are prayers I have learned by heart and used for so many years!

Morning Prayers

Oh Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee my prayers, works, joys, sufferings of this day for all the intentions of the Sacred Heart, in union with the sacrifice of the Mass celebrated through out the world , in reparation for all my sins, for all the intentions of my associates and in particular, for the intentions of the Holy Father. Amen.

Lord, I lay all my plans before you today. Help me to accomplish them according to your will. Help me to see you in all the people I will meet today and help them to see you in me.

Oh, that you would bless me and every member of my family (I name everyone) indeed and enlarge our territory; that your Hand would be with each of us and that you would keep us from evil; that we may not cause pain. Please bless us Lord with wisdom, health of mind and body and gifted hands. Thank you, Lord , for all your blessings. Praise the Lord. Alllelulia!

Oh, my Queen, Oh, my Mother, I give myself entirely to Thee
And to show my devotion to Thee, I consecrate to Thee this day
My eyes, my ears, my heart, my whole being without reserve
Wherefore dear Mother, as I am Thine own
Keep me, guard me as Thy property and possession. Amen.
Evening Prayers

Thank you, Lord, for this day especially for ( specify). Thank you for helping me in (specify instances). I am sorry for the sins and failures I have committed today (specify).

Oh, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee
And I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of hell
But most of all because I offended Thee, my God
Who art so good and deserving of all my love
I firmly resolve to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life. Amen.

Now, I lay my body down to sleep, I pray my Lord my soul to keep. And if I die before I wake, I pray my Lord, my soul to take.

Daily Prayers

The Lord is my Shepherd, There is nothing I shall want
In verdant pastures He gives me repose, Beside restful waters He leads me
He refreshes my soul, He guides me in the right path for His name's sake
Yea, though I walk in the dark valley, I fear no evil
Thy rod and Thy staff give me courage
Thou preparest a table before me in the sight of my foes
Thou anointest my head with oil, My cup runneth over
Truly, goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life
And I shall dwell in the House of my Lord
For years to come. ( Psalm 23 )

Learning Christ
Teach me, O Lord, to be sweet and gentle in all events of life
In disappointments and in sorrow
In the thoughtlessness of others
In the insincerity of those whom I trust
In the unfaithfulness of those upon whom I rely
Let me put myself aside to think of the happiness of others
To hide my little pains and heartaches so that I may be the only one to suffer from them
Teach me to profit from every suffering that comes across my path
Let me so use it that it may mellow me not harden and embitter me
That it may make me broad in my forgiveness, not narrow, haughty or overbearing
May no one be less good for having come within my influence
No one less true, less noble for having been a fellow traveler in my journey to eternal life
As I go my rounds from one distraction to another
Let me from time to time whisper a word of love to you
May my life be lived in the supernatural
Full of power for good and strong in its purpose of sanctity.

Prayer to the Sacred Heart (1)
Oh, Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in you
Whatever may befall me, Lord, though dark the hour may be
In all my joys, in all my woes, though naught but grief I see
Oh, Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in you.

When all I love have passed away and I am sore distressed
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I fly to Thee for rest
In all my trials great or small, my confidence shall be
Unshaken as I cry, "I place my trust in you!"

This is my own sweet prayer, dear Lord, my faith, my trust, my love
But most of all in that last hour when death points up above
Ah, my sweet Savior, may Thy face smile on my soul set free
Oh, may I cry with rapturous love, "I have placed my trust in Thee!"

Prayer to the Sacred Heart (2)
O Most Holy Heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing
I adore you, I love you and with a lively sorrow for my sins
Offer you this poor heart of mine
Make me humble, patient, pure, holy and obedient to your will
Grant that I may live in you and for you
Protect me in the midst of danger
Comfort me in my affliction
Assistance in my temporal needs
Health of mind and body
Your blessing in all that I do
And the grace of a holy death. Amen.

Prayer to Sto. Nino
O Miraculous Infant Jesus, prostrate before Thy sacred image
We beseech Thee to cast a merciful look on our troubled hearts
Let your tender heart so inclined to pity be softened by our prayers
And grant us the grace for which we ardently implore Thee
Take from us all illness and misery, all trials and misfortune for which we are laden
For your Sacred Infancy's sake, hear our prayers
And send us your consolation and aid
That we may praise Thee forever and ever. Amen.

Prayer to the Icon of Jesus
O Jesus, my God and my All, Your eyes are focused on me
To ease the pain and bitter sorrow, To strengthen me for my tomorrow.
To tell me I am a chosen vessel, For the blessings your righteous hand bestows
Blessings to enjoy and share with others, Be multiplied among God's members.
To assure me the pleadings of my contrite heart, You heard them all right from the start
The sins and frivolities of my youth, Forgiven, all brokenness now healed in truth.
To affirm your Divine Favor upon me, And to every member of my family
The wisdom, discernment and compassion we hold, All come from your favor on us, O Lord.
I thank you, dear Jesus for your mercy and love
I thank you for your loving care from above
I thank you for all the blessings you give
Always I will thank you as long as I live.

Prayer For a Happy Death
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of life and for the blessing to be among those who
know you are the Son of God
Thank you for my sight that makes me see all the wondrous things you have made
and for my soul that helps me see beyond my sight
Thank you for all things especially my heart in which you placed magnetic seeds of
grace that draw me forever nearer to your love
Yet, as the years go by, Lord, I worry for the yoke and pain how my life would end
When the time comes for me to leave here below
Do not call me by a sudden death
Not by an accident that tears the body apart
Not by an illness that leaves the mind confused and the senses impaired
Not by a malady that wears out the soul or at the mercy of evil forces
Not alone, abandoned without love or care
Not by my own hand in a moment of despair
Jesus, let Death come as a gentle Friend
To sit and linger with me, for a short while, until you call my name
Then let me enter your Heavenly Home and be near you forever
And see the countenance of your Holy Face.







No comments:

Post a Comment