Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jan, 17, 2013 - PRAYER FOR THE YEAR


                       PRAYER  FOR  THE  YEAR

Let me be, O Lord, your kind, caring hands
Stretched out to help the needy and forlorn
To extend your soft healing touch and unbind
The tight grip of fear, pain and shameless scorn.

Let me be, O Lord, your strong, steady feet
To walk with those in bondage and affliction
And with courage borne from your protective feat
Strengthen them to rise, break the chain of addiction.

Let me be, O Lord, your loving, searching eyes
That see a friend's sorrow beneath the jolly mask
Which often show mirth on the surface, but, alas
There lies a wounded heart crying for help to rush.

Let me be, O Lord, your soothing voice that counsels
The young, the indifferent "sophisticated" wards
Who are ensnared by worldly pleasures and vice
Unmindful of Eternity's justice and ample rewards.

Let me be, O Lord your keen ears which listen
To the cry of the poor for daily needs so common
Muted by disillusion, shame and false pride unspoken
Beneath stone-faced mien of despair and abandon.

Let me be, O Lord, the face that radiates your love
Through my deep wrinkles, blotches, disfigured state
Shield me from the fear of ridicule, hate that matches
My intense desire to be an "apostle" of my faith.

So, help me, Lord, in my commitment to leave
A legacy of Faith to family, relations and all
Be aware of God's Presence at all times and to give
Time, talent and treasure in response to your call.


                           XXXXXXX



No comments:

Post a Comment