Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 26, 2012 - OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA


Today, August 26, 2012, is the Feast of Our Lady of Czestochowa or Queen of Poland as She is called since centuries ago. Today, She is known to be one of the two "Miraculous Black Madonna" in the world. Our Lady of Montserrat of Spain is the other one.

My journey to Eastern Europe in the year 2000 covered visits to Czechoslovakia, Poland, Austria and Hungary. The total ambiance of these places had a discriminating allure so intricately difficult to explain, yet, so soothing to unravel within the senses of my being. Every place had a charm all its own - a hold on me quite removed from the plush and grandeur of Paris, London or Spain. Why? I searched for answers rather exhaustively and pinpointed three  plausible reasons: my long-time devotion to the Miraculous Infant Jesus of Prague, my inherent love for music which Vienna represents and the mind-boggling World War II atrocities committed in these places especially in Auschwitz.

"Jasna Gora" or "Bright Mountain" is referred to as the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment