Friday, April 6, 2012

April 6, 2012 GOOD FRIDAY

Today, April 6, 2012, is Good Friday. It is the day of deepest sorrow in the Christian world when Jesus, the Son of God, was crucified on the cross for the sins of mankind.

The Seven Last Words of Jesus as He hung on the tree and everything that Good Friday means moved me as to scribble some lines :

GOOD FRIDAY

Today I must learn to totally cast something away
My sense of loss for someone has always been there
Time may have dulled the pain but I've held it at bay
From the Cross, today, Jesus took it from my care.

Today I must learn to forgive and forget
The actions of people who have betrayed my trust
The disappointments I harbored with much regret
A burden to carry when I return to my dust.

Today I must learn to give sincere love
To those difficult to embrace with affection
The ones who are clothed with pretense and who rob
Me of the joy of friendship and compassion.

Today I must learn to turn the other cheek
To those who hurt me with insults and ridicule
To bear with patience the harshness at its peak
To the plague of untruth I must remain cool.

Today I must learn to accept with humility
Ingratitude of those I've helped along the way
Be happy that my right hand's sympathy
Had given some hearts reason to be gay.

On Good Friday, Jesus hung helpless on the Cross
Yet taught me great lessons though unspoken
The hurts that I bear are just a tiny token
Of those I need to carry, be Christ-like to the lost.





No comments:

Post a Comment